What is Holistic Massage?
Holistic Massage is a 'wholeness' - a creative process of touch and response between you and your practitioner, providing a unique treatment, every time, depending on your specific needs.
The three key elements to this wholeness are:
- Whole client - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Whole range of techniques, used as appropriate in each situation.
- Whole practitioner, who stays present and focused, drawing on experience and giving good attention.
Hence massage is a personal development process, not just a collection of techniques.
What are the Benefits of Holistic Massage?
There are so many benefits of massage therapy; generally, we can view reasons, facts, and benefits on three levels:
- Physiological: Massage has specific effects on the different organs of the body. It helps by keeping the organ tissues healthy and enhances healing to improve the function of the entire system. One of the most powerful benefits of massage is the ability to induce a deep state of relaxation.
- Psychological: Massage therapy helps you become more aware of your body. This helps you recognise tension as it builds, therefore allowing you to consciously release it before it has a negative effect on your body.
- Emotional: Massage has long been recognised as a powerful tool for dealing with stress and emotional events. It is the person-to-person touch that defines massage therapy. Using touch as communication is more emotionally powerful than speech.
How Can Holistic Massage Help Me?
Massage can have a positive impact on both a physical and emotional level. It can ease many short and long term ailments, and help to provide the following benefits:
- Reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body.
- Relieve muscular tension, spasms and restrictions.
- Recovery from sport injuries.
- Improve muscle tone and balance.
- Improve posture and alignment.
- Improve circulation and nervous function.
- Increase joint mobility.
- Promote sleep.
- Ease headaches and migraines.
- Allow the body to restore and heal itself.
- Help lymph flow (the body's defence system), enhancing immunity.